Travis Hornsby, the founder of StudentLoanPlanner.com, tells us all about student loan debt and offers critical advice on how to manage it.
With the average debt of graduating med students surpassing $180k, it is becoming more important than ever to have a solid game plan, and Travis is here to help.
He became an expert and dedicated his entire career to helping people with their loans after he went through the very same struggles with his fiancé.
Every situation is unique and depends on your life goals, but no matter what, he assures us that you do not need to be ashamed of your debt. Instead, you should embrace it with confidence. After all, it represents an investment you made in your training to gain the knowledge and skills to become a medical professional.
What you will learn in this episode:
- Public Student Loan Forgiveness and who qualifies
- What will disqualify you from PSLF
- Different types of income based programs
- Which programs everyone should avoid
- Strategies on how to hedge against the unforeseen issues with PSLF
- How it’s possible to become financially independent by age 40
- Why it’s necessary to have a professional handle your student debt
- Who should refinance or go for PSLF
- Plus some tips on how to deal with federal student loan financing
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please click subscribe on iTunes or wherever you may be listening to this episode.