In today’s episode, I am speaking with Bobby Lee, founder of 2minutefinance.com, where you can watch short videos on personal finance and how to be a savvy consumer.
Recorded live on the floor of Podcast Movement, Bobby and I sat down to discuss stocks, bonds, mutual funds and what to look out for when creating your own investment portfolio.
We also get into 401k’s and 403b’s and explain why you need to take full advantage of your company match.
Similar to his vlog, this is a bite-sized episode helping you understand some of the basic tools necessary for a healthy retirement.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Stocks and bonds and what they represent
- ETF’s and how they’re different from mutual funds
- Why expense ratios matter when choosing funds
- What a fund prospectus is and why you need to read it
- The history of retirement plans and why we have 401k/403b’s
- What a company match is and why you should take advantage of it
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please click subscribe on iTunes or wherever you may be listening to this episode.