Ryan Inman, the founder of Financial Residency, has been featured in many media outlets on both a local and a national level. He’s a practicing financial advisor, owner of Physician Wealth Services, and married to a doctor.
He’s on a mission to help physicians and their families get on the right foot, financially.
If you’re interested in contacting the team for any media appearances or interviews, please use the contact page.
Hey, I’m Ryan.
During graduate school, I realized that the average financial advisor was more concerned with selling financial products and obtaining new clients with investable assets than working with those who could really use the financial guidance to succeed in life.
That really turned me off from the industry, until I was introduced to the concept of fee-only financial planning, where planners put their clients first, don’t sell products, and are true fiduciaries.
Now, as the spouse of a physician, I understand the pains, struggles, and joys that come with a career in medicine and am honored to work with physicians at all stages of their careers by offering truly unbiased, quality financial advice.
Financial Residency is a podcast and an online resource that has a combined reader and listenership of 400,000 people per month.
With a focus on physicians and their families and the unique challenges they face financially, it’s one of the most comprehensive resources that focus on personal finance topics for the medical community.
Some of the most popular content and tools include:
- The Definitive Guide to Medical School Debt for New Doctors – What Every Physician Needs to Know Right Now
- 25 Ways for Physicians to Invest $25,000
- Physician Mortgage: How Much Can I Afford?
- These Top 5 Student Loan Mistakes Are Made In Residency
- 5 Steps to Create a Budget Worth Using
- How to Refinance Medical School Debt: Tips and Tools for Busy Physicians
At the end of 2020, we worked with an anonymous foundation to give $65,000 in scholarships to deserving medical students in the first ever Financial Residency scholarship.
Financial Residency also has a great community, including 8,000+ physicians in the Financial Residency Facebook group and more than 2,500 email subscribers, which features free training on how to get financially organized and find financial freedom.
- 2020. The College Investor. Financial Residency Book Review: Guide To Physician Financial Planning
- 2019. FORBES. Top 10 Personal Finance Podcasts By Financial Advisors
- 2019. Business Insider. 7 grim facts about student loans that will make you feel less alone
- 2018. Acorns. 5 Millionaire Habits That Can Help You Build Wealth, Too
- 2018. Medical Economics. Five common financial mistakes and how to avoid them
- 2018. Passive Income M.D. 10 Podcasts Doctors Should Really Be Listening To
- New England Journal of Medicine. Ryan Inman, MBA.
- 2020. White Coat Investor. Ryan Inman Comes to Answer Your Questions
- 2020. Paychecks & Balances. Investing in a Volatile Market ft. Ryan Inman
- 2020. The Thoughtful Entrepreneur: Physician Financial Planning with Physician Wealth Services’ Ryan Inman
- 2020. Weight Loss for Busy Physicians: Ep #158: Financial Wellness with Ryan Inman
- 2020. The Hippocratic Hustle. Ryan Inman- Physician Wealth Services
- 2019. Student LoanPlanner. Bad Decisions by Physicians with Ryan Inman
- 2019. Wine and Dime. Nerding Out on Student Debt, With Ryan Inman
- 2019. Too Many Podcasts. Personal Finance Help…Stat! Ryan Inman of “Financial Residency” brings the Cure!
- 2019. The Happy Doc. #145: How To Become Time Rich | Thinking About Time In A New Way with Taylor Brana and Ryan Inman
- 2019. Quit Happens. Ryan Inman: Financial Tips to Help Prepare for Your Quit!
- 2019. Stacking Benjamins. Our Best Investing Advice For Beginners (plus an intro to Titan)
- 2019. The Money Nerds. Navigating Finances as a Physician (Tips for other high income earners!) | Ryan Inman
- The MapleMoney Show. Why Everyone Should Budget, No Matter How Much You Make, with Ryan Inman
- 2019. Doctor Money Matters. Ep. 47 Ryan Inman, CFP
- 2019. Physician NonClinical Careers with John Jurica. How to Prepare Financially for a Career Pivot with Ryan Inman – 071
- 2019. Popcorn Finance. Credit Card Roulette with Ryan Inman
- 2019. Richer Soul, Living A Life on Purpose! Being Intentional with Money and Life
- 2018. Stacking Benjamins. The ONE Thing You Need To Get What You Want (plus Jake Hare from Launchpeer)
- 2018. Dads Married to Doctors Spotlight. How to teach your kids to value money with Fee Only Financial Planner, Ryan Inman – Episode 4
- 2018. Financial Side of Life – College, Retirement, and Life. Ep. 4 – You Graduated With $280,000 Debt From Medical School, Now What? – Advice from Ryan Inman
- 2018. Stacking Benjamins. How Hardcore Are Your Money Habits? (plus an intro to CNote!)
- 2017. Paychecks & Balances. PB71: Financial Residency ft. Ryan Inman
- 2017. KevinMD. When it comes to lifestyle inflation, where do you draw the line?