In today’s episode, I am speaking with Mindy Jensen, the Community Manager for BiggerPockets.com, a popular social network for the real estate investing community. Mindy is an expert in real estate and was happy to share some of her insight into the process of buying a new home. Together we will take you on the journey step by step, offering valuable tips along the way so that you can enter the market with confidence.
What you will learn in this episode:
- Things to consider when you decide you are ready to buy
- How to choose the right area to live in.
- How to find a good agent you can trust.
- Physician loans and what banks will not tell you.
- What does PMI stand for and why does it matter.
- Why emergency funds are important.
- Difference between Prequalified and Preapproved.
- The purpose of Title Insurance and how to review it.
- How to avoid being scammed out of your deposit!
- Plus some valuable info on the home inspection process and why you should be there
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please click subscribe on iTunes or wherever you may be listening to this episode.